Six Online Shoe Shopping Tips
We all know that it is always better to shop for shoes in places where you can try them on because you will be able to tell whether or not you feel comfortable wearing them. However, that is not the case with online shoe shopping so you will have to be more careful and more decisive when choosing and buying shoes online. To help you with that, here are some tips.
1. Avoid falling for cheap shoes. It may sound like a bargain but you will have to replace it after you have used it for a few times only. Cheap shoes are usually made from low quality materials so these really aren't meant to last long. If you keep on buying cheap shoes, then you will have to keep on replacing them.
Remember that online prices may be lower but then again, you still have to pay for shipping. Instead, look for quality shoes that are on sale. Quality shoes are usually made from good materials and with proper care, it can last longer than you expect.
2. If you are fond of a particular shoe brand, it might also help if you buy a new pair that carries the same brand. Most shoe manufacturers tend to cut their shoes in the same way so if you buy from the same manufacturer, you are sure that you will feel comfortable while wearing them. Doing this will reduce the risk of you buying a pair that doesn't or barely fits.
3. Every time you go shopping online, check your shoes and evaluate. Go through your rack and find the best fitting pair of shoes. Once you find this, ask yourself why it seems to fit you so well, what is the design and the material used. Once you've answered these questions, browse through various online shops and find shoes that may have the same brand, material or style as your best fitting shoes. Like sticking to a particular brand, this will help reduce your risk of buying ill-fitting shoes online.
4. Getting to know your feet will help you find the type of shoes that will fit you perfectly. If your toes tend to be really short, then you might want to avoid pointy shoes because these types will only squeeze your toes which can get uncomfortable.
If you have slim feet, then find shoes that are slim fitting or those narrow width shoes. When buying shoes online, you will have to consider the shape of your feet because not all shoes fit everyone's feet.
5. Women have a penchant for stiletto heels. Unfortunately, not everyone can pull this off. If you are used to 3.5 inch heels, then you might want to stick to that rather than buying shoes online with 4.5 inch heels. Remember that the heel height can make all the difference; however, if you are really intent on buying sky high heeled shoes, then you might want to buy it in the mall where you can try walking with those heels.
6. Before you type in your credit card information, make sure that the website you are about to buy your shoes from is secure. There are certain measures that you can do to check if that site is secure like looking for a security certificate and privacy contracts. In this way, you will be sure that your credit card information won't be revealed to anyone.