Eight Kids Shoe Shopping Tips
Buying shoes for your kid can be a bit challenging. But then again, it is important for you to find the right shoes for them because it will certainly affect their development in some way. Also, if they are not comfortable in them, they will definitely not wear the pair. So here are some shoe shopping tips you can use when buying shoes for your little ones.
1. Remember to keep your child's shoe size updated because kids grow rapidly. Their shoe sizes can change in a matter of months. This is the reason why it is not advisable to stick to one shoe size when shopping for kid's shoes because you will end up buying a pair that is too small for them. So keep the size updated as regularly as possible.
2. Ill fitting shoes may not only be uncomfortable but it can do some damage as well. There is a possibility that it can hinder the growth of the child's feet or worse cause some deformities.
Another is that tight shoes can cause blisters on the toes and other pressure areas of the feet. These can be very uncomfortable for your child and they might end up sitting on one corner rather than playing with their friends.
3. Handing down footwear may help you save but it is still not a good practice especially when it comes to children's shoes. Just because that particular pair fits perfectly on one child doesn't mean that the other can also comfortably wear it. Remember that people have different feet either in shape or in size.
4. It is always best to bring your child along with you when you go shopping for his or her shoes. In this manner, your child will be able to try on the shoes and he or she will be able to tell you if it is the right size or if he or she feels comfortable wearing them.
There is no better judge for comfort than the one who is going to wear the pair. In addition, you won't have to guess your child's shoe size especially when you have failed to update it.
5. As always, the perfect time of day to shop for shoes, even for children's is later in the afternoon. By this time the feet have swollen and have reached its maximum size so when you buy shoes you are assured that it will not tighten around your child's feet as the day wears on.
6. If your child is going to wear those shoes with socks, let them wear socks when trying on a pair. In this way, they will be able to accurately estimate and determine whether it is the right size or if it is too big or too small for them. Keep in mind that socks can make a difference in shoe fitting.
7. The larger foot should be the basis for the size. Most of the time feet don't have the exact same size as one tends to be a bit smaller than the other. If that is the case, always buy for the larger foot because this will assure you that both feet will be comfortable inside the shoes.
8. Kid's shoes should not need a break in period. You wouldn't want your child to suffer from blisters on her toes or heels. Buy a pair that is already comfortable immediately even when it is the first time she will be wearing it.